Network Time Services
The time is now....
This system provides time synchronization services via the Network Time Protocol (NTP) as specified by the Internet Standard RFCs 1305 and 5905. The Network Time Protocol is a flexible, performant protocol that is designed to deliver accurate time from atomic clocks to billions of devices world-wide, from mobile devices right up to servers.
About/Using This Server
This time server is located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and serves world-wide, but North American clients are preferred. This server operates at stratum 2. It contributes to the The NTP Pool Project.
If you would like to use this time service, please locate your device or system's "Internet Time" or "Time Synchronization" feature and input "time.digibase.ca" (no quotes). Do not use the IP address as it may be subject to change at some point in future.
NTP Server usage rules:
This is a public service provided by Digibase Operations, these rules are provided to prevent abuse of this service as to provide fair access to all users:
- Do not perform unnessasary manual time syncronization repeatedly.
- Do not use broken NTP syncronization tools that would malform requests or request syncronization too often.
- Clients must be correctly configured prior to use.
- Do not transmit a private IP address when using this time service (ensure NAT routers are correctly configured).
- Organizations with more than 10 clients should notify before use, especially if a NAT is in place.Abusing this service will result in loss of access to this service
If you'd like to contact the administrator of this time service, please e-mail timelord[at]digibase.ca (Anti-spam measure: replace "[at]" with "@").